Thursday, June 11, 2009

diarrhea

Under not so pleasant circumstances, but in a funny and intuitive way I found out that Ledum appears to be quite helpful with diarrhea. For the last two and a half days I have been experiencing a bad case of diarrhea (food poisoning or one of these strange viruses going around). Nothing seemed to help (Di Gize, Thyme, Lemon, Oregano, Mountain Savory, Ningxia Red, Ginger, Cypress, Chamomile). Yesterday evening on one of my visits to the bathroom I took a book with me as a distraction from the discomforts. Coincidentally it turned out to be a book on medicinal plants I had gotten from the Library (it was the closest one to grab on the way). Well, sitting there in my pain I thought let's see to what page/plant it will randomly open. It turned out to be Labrador Tea (Ledum). Under medical uses it mentions among others "It is slightly laxative, yet helps soothe diarrhea". I had to grin and say "thanks". Since I definitely was in need for something soothing, I gave it a try (5 drops in a capsule). It made a small yet noticeable difference. This morning I repeated this, and the attacks have lessened tremendously (and are more comfortable if one can call it that). I think I will from now on more often open books randomly and see what helpful hints are to be found :)Soon to be well,Elisabeth

No comments: